KEYHOLDER RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Lower East Side Printshop, NY, offers emerging artists FREE year-long studio residencies to develop new work and foster their artistic careers. The application deadline is September 1, 2018 for residencies that begin on October 1, 2018. Printmaking facilities are available for intaglio, relief, monotype, waterbased silkscreen, digital processes, and other techniques that employ the tools at hand.
Keyholders work independently in the Printshop’s shared Artists’ Studio and have access to a vibrant community of peers. Artists from all disciplines are eligible to apply; printmaking skills are not required, but some familiarity with the medium is recommended.
Participation is limited and competitive. Applications are evaluated by a panel of seasoned artists, curators, and art professionals based on the quality of submitted artwork. Artists currently without a studio space are encouraged to apply.
Keyholder Residency includes:
- 24/7, one-year access to a shared studio with printmaking facilities
- $1,000 stipend
- One free printmaking class at the Printshop
- Free career development workshops and salons
- Group exhibition opportunities
- Consultation hours with Printshop printers
- Only legal US residents may apply (i.e., Social Security cardholders)
- Students enrolled in any kind of degree program at the time of the residency are not eligible
- Keyholder Residencies are limited to emerging artists only. The Printshop defines emerging artists as under-recognized and under-represented artists in early stages in their careers
DEADLINE: September 1, 2018
For more information contact: 212-673-5390 or firstname.lastname@example.org