TITLE: Donor Engagement Communication Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Donor Engagement, the Donor Engagement Communication Manager is responsible for working collaboratively with the Director, Development Office leadership, volunteer leadership and volunteers, and staff across the CSOA to ensure a consistent and proactive approach to donor engagement and recognition of trustees and CSOA donors.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with other Donor Engagement team members, manage writing projects in this function area, including but not limited to, fundraising event solicitation letters and materials; annual fund letters and materials; volunteer programs cso.org web pages; and drafting, editing, and proof reading as needed.
- Work with the Donor Engagement team to assist in the preparation and implementation of fundraising and stewardship events, such as Symphony Ball, Corporate Night, and other events; assist with creating and implementing marketing and promotion strategies; and assist the team with event logistics, including but not limited to, managing reservation lists; creating table and place cards, nametags, and other event materials.
- In partnership with the Vice President for Development and other Major Gift Officers, collaborate, manage, and implement communication projects that proactively steward major gift donor relationships as part of the CSOA’s moves management process. This includes the management, creation, and production of a twice yearly donor profile program book supplement recognizing the CSOA’s major donors.
- Manage a small portfolio of donors and prospects, including individuals and others as assigned in consultation with Development Office leadership.
- Partner with the Donor Engagement Coordinator on executing in-depth donor profiles, including conducting interviews, writing, and editing profiles. (Current number of in-depth donor profiles each season is 12.)
- Assist in the completion of special writing projects as assigned by the office of the President or Vice President of Development as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Director of Donor Engagement.
- Other contacts: Trustees, Donors, Volunteers, Orchestra members, and Staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A love and appreciation of music.
- Minimum three to five years of proven writing experience as well as donor stewardship and event planning experience.
- Demonstrated track record in relationship management with volunteers and donors.
- Must be able to handle confidential materials with discretion.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with proficiency in attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines, while working collaboratively with both members of the development staff and others in the organization.
- Able to represent the CSOA in a professional manner both on the phone and in person with volunteers and donors.
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office, database, and spreadsheet proficiency.
Pleasant office environment.
Hours include evenings and weekends with some travel to off-site venues within the Chicago metro area.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.